Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Stuft peppers

Stuft peppers are one of my favorite meals. I used to use rice in this recipe but have changed the rice to cauliflower to cut the carbs. Here is my recipe idea. First I cut up all the veggies.
Stuft peppers (not stuffed)

1 pound ground beef
4 green peppers tops cut off and seeds removed
1 onion chopped (I had half red and half white onion)
1 orange pepper chopped
1 green pepper chopped
3 cups chopped cauliflower
1 large tomato diced
1/2-1 cup shredded cheese
parmesan to taste
garlic to taste
herbamare seasoning to taste
pepper to taste

Brown the ground beef and set aside in a bowl, then saute cauliflower with  onions, peppers, and garlic when soft add diced tomato, herbamare seasoning, and pepper, add back in the ground beef and cheeses saving a bit for the tops.
While that's cooking prepare the peppers cut the tops (or as in my case I cut one on the side because it didn't stand up) and remove the seeds.
Fill the peppers with the stuffing, a bit of cheese on the tops and don't forget the cute little hat, I add the extra filling around the peppers, if it gets dry add a bit of water, bake on 375 for 40-50 mins covering with foil if needed till nicely browned and bubbly. Let cool 20 mins if you can wait.
To eat slice down the middle.

No comments:

Post a Comment