Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Saucy burger on an eggplant bun

Oh my, was this good!
Here is how I prepared this great lunch. First I sliced an eggplant in 1/2 inch slices, brushed them lightly with olive oil putting them on a parchment lined cookie sheet into a hot 425 oven they go till crisp and browned.  I sauteed sliced onion and green peppers in a bit of butter, while they're cooking I mix into ground beef some pappys 50% less salt seasoning, black pepper, a jalapeno diced, and a couple of crushed garlic cloves then form the patties, push the peppers and onion to the sides of the pan then adding in the beef patties to cook on medium adding a couple tablespoons of water and a lid to kind of steam them. I added some jack cheese to the top of the burger just before they're done. Assemble the burgers using eggplant slices for the bun, I piled the peppers and onions on top with sugar free ketchup I served with some tiny dill pickles and a hot red pepper.
These eggplant slices make a good bread substitute for the burger.

No comments:

Post a Comment