Sunday, October 10, 2010

Cheese crust pizza

I was lazy but wanted some pizza. I made a crust out of just cheese. It was delicious!
This is how I did it. I took about 2 cups mozzarella spread it in a thin circle on a piece of parchment paper, then with a pizza peel put it on a baking stone in a preheated 450 oven it will melt and brown up, I slightly under cook it so it doesn't over brown, I'll be putting it back in the oven with the toppings, then I take a spatula and flip it over and brown the other side, remove from the oven and add pizza toppings, I used a tablespoon of pizza sauce, some more cheese, pepperoni, sausage, olives, and crushed red pepper. Oops, I forgot parmesan in the picture.

Then back in the oven till browned and perfect! If you want the top really browned run it under the broiler till brown to your taste. The fat in the cheese is released and pools on the bottom if it bothers you blot with paper towels. It bakes up quicker than a traditional pizza so if you want to add veggies like onion, peppers,  mushrooms, or cubed eggplant I suggest sauteing it first.

It's a little floppy but oh so good, I really don't mind, it's the taste I'm after!

No comments:

Post a Comment