Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Pumpkin bread (low carb/grain free)

These are heavenly! My daughter and I both ate two of these. I halved the recipe and got 12 regular sized muffins. The picture doesn't do them justice. My regular camera is having issues so I had to use my backup. I hope to take a couple better pictures tomorrow.
Pumpkin bread

3 cups almond flour
1/2 cup polydextrose (not necessary but makes them velvety)
1/2 cup of erythritol
1/4 cup xylitol
1 tablespoon of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
couple dashes of mace
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
few drops liquid stevia
6 eggs
6 tablespoons of softened butter
1 16 ounce can pureed plain pumpkin
1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts

Mix well first 10 ingredients in a small bowl, then mix the rest of the ingredients except the nuts in another bowl combine the wet and dry together add in the walnuts. I baked in silicon muffin cups at 325 for 35-40 minutes
Last year I baked the batter in mini loaf pans. You can frost them with cream cheese frosting but it's not necessary, they're so good all on their own.
I hope to get my camera repaired soon or even better get a new one I'm not happy with these pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment