Monday, October 11, 2010

Spaghetti squash

I saw these pretty squash at the farmers market, it's bright orange so I asked what kind of squash it was, I was told spaghetti, I had never seen one this color so I had to bring it home and try it.
It's easy to prepare, I poked the squash a few times with a wooden skewer to let out the steam, put it on a foil lined sheet pan and into a hot 400 oven for 1 hour. I let it cool for a few minutes then cut it in half, raked it with a fork to separate the the strands. It seems like this squash may be a cross, the spaghetti strands are shorter and more delicate with a mild pumpkin flavor, so good! If you come across this orange spaghetti squash be sure to try it.
I served it with butter, parmesan, and fresh cracked black pepper. Mmm what can I make with it?
Doesn't it have the prettiest orange flesh?

No comments:

Post a Comment