Saturday, October 9, 2010

¿Bread? pudding with vanilla sauce (low carb, grain and sugar free too of course)

My family asked me to make some bread pudding last week so I made a traditional recipe and was thinking how can I make a low carb bread pudding, this is what I came up with.
Bread pudding with vanilla sauce

3 cups low carb bread cubed and toasted (my recipe here)
3 eggs
3/4 cup cream
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup vanilla torani syrup
2 teaspoons of cinnamon
2 tablespoons erythritol
2 tablespoons xylitol
1 teaspoon vanilla

Toast the bread in a low oven till dry, don't brown to much. Mix the rest of the ingredients and add the toasted bread cubes, let soak for and hour. Turn into a greased 8 inch loaf pan bake on 325 for 50 minutes checking the middle with a knife. Here it is going in the oven.
Vanilla sauce

1/2 cup cream
2 eggs
2 tablespoons erythritol
2 tablespoons xylitol
1 teaspoons vanilla
few grains of salt
cream to thin if needed

Beat cream, eggs, erythritol, xylitol, and salt in a small saucepan on medium low with a whisk. Cook stirring continually until just about to boil, pour into a bowl set in ice water to stop the cooking, add vanilla, maybe even some rum, thin with cream if needed.
I like to slice the bread pudding but you can scoop it with a spoon, add the vanilla sauce, enjoy!
What a treat! Next time I'm definitely going to add some toasted nuts. It would be good with some chopped chocolate added too.

No comments:

Post a Comment