Saturday, December 11, 2010

Blender meatloaf with turnips and cauliflower

I call this blender meatloaf because when my children were small they would complain "Eww, Mom there's onion in here, yuck!" So I went about trying to hide the onion so my children would eat it. Mmm, so I thought what if I blended it in the blender? it worked perfectly! Ever though my children are grown I still make it this way because everyone loves it, and it's so easy!
Blender meatloaf

2 pounds ground beef
few slices bacon
2 turnips
half a cauliflower
couple tablespoons sugar free ketchup
2 eggs
1/4 cup cream
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup chia seeds
half a small onion
about a tablespoon of red and bell pepper
1 jalapeno seeds and all
1 clove garlic
couple tablespoons parmesan
salt and pepper to taste
couple pinches of xanthan gum


Put everything after ketchup in a blender and blend till smoooth, add to ground beef and mix well, shape into loaf in a roasting dish covered with nonstick foil, spread ketchup and top with bacon strips, add sliced veggies around it. Bake at 375 for about 45 minutes. pour off grease, there will be a lot if it's fatty hamburger. Slice, serve veggies on the side. I don't mind the fat but the family doesn't like it.

Here it is just put in the oven.
Here it is done. See all the fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment