Thursday, December 23, 2010

Bacardi rum cake (low carb)

I've been wanting to try this cake in low carb form, it turned out very good.

I made this coconut flour yellow cake recipe here in a spring form pan with a jelly jar filled with raw rice for weight in the middle because I didn't have a bundt cake pan. It worked great!


I substituted 1/2 cup powdered erythritol and 12 drops of ezsweetz and 1/4 cup of poly d for the sugar, rum for half of the coconut milk and added some toasted pecans to the top . I baked it for 30 minutes in a 350 oven. I made this rum syrup to pour over it while it was hot.

Rum syrup

1/2 cup unsalted butter
3/4 cup vanilla torani syrup
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup rum


Heat in a sauce pan, pour over warm cake poking holes with a skewer, the longer it sits the better. Here it is with the sauce just poured over the top. It will soak in just keep spooning it on top.
Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment