Monday, August 16, 2010

Zucchini cake

This recipe is one of my favorite ways to use the abundant zucchini from my garden. I found the recipe here. The original recipe is a carrot cake, I have made it several time with carrots and it's delicious I thought it would work well with zucchini too. I grated the zucchini and squeezed the moisture out, you may not have to squeeze out the moisture if it's store bought, my garden fresh zucchini has a lot of moisture in it. I cut down the raisins to just a few and adjusted the sweeteners to 2 tablespoons of xylitol, 2 tablespoons of sugar free torani syrup, 2 tablespoons sugarfree maple syrup and a few drops of stevia. I used only 1/2 teaspoon of salt. I had to bake it for 10 extra minutes. It makes great cupcakes too.

Here is what the cake batter looks like with the green flecks of zucchini

When I checked it in the oven it wasn't quite done it took 10 extra minutes.

I made a cream cheese frosting for it.

Cream cheese frosting

8oz cream cheese softened
1 stick of butter softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons sugar free vanilla torani syrup
2 tablespoons xylitol
couple drops of liquid stevia

Beat together, frost cake, store in the fridge

So yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment