Thursday, August 12, 2010

Ratatouille

In late summer when there's an abundance of vegetables from my garden and a few more from the farmers market I love to make this vegetable stew called ratatoulle.

Ratatouille

2 zucchini sliced
2 japanese eggplants sliced
4 hot wax peppers (diablo)
1 onion chopped
handful of green beans cut
2 cups tomatoes cut cherry tomatoes I left whole
1 yellow pepper cut
4 cloves garlic crushed
1/4 cup olive oil
salt to taste I used a couple pinches

Add everything except the tomatoes in a soup pot cook on medium for about 5 minutes then add tomatoes and cook another 10 minutes or till cooked to your liking. You can use any veggies you have, this is what I used this time every time it's different.

It's finished!

We ate this big pot of veggie stew all weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment