Thursday, August 5, 2010

Bonbons

I got to thinking when I made a magic shell topping for some ice cream that it might work to cover little squares of ice cream to make bonbons, so I tried it. They turned out delicious and so cute!

I took a slice of ice cream that had been in the freezer, sliced it in little squares and then put it back in the freezer to make the magic shell coating. I used half a lindt 85% chocolate bar broken up with a couple tablespoons of coconut oil melted it in the microwave stirring every 30 seconds till almost melted then adding a couple squirts of liquid stevia. I used a wooden skewer to pick up the squares of ice cream. First I covered the bottom with chocolate and rested them on a foil lined cookie sheet that had been in the freezer then I put them back in the freezer for a few minutes, when the shell hardens up I take them out again and using a skewer to hold them while I spoon the melted chocolate mixture over the top and sides, then back in the freezer they go. Make a lot they get eaten up fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment