Sunday, August 8, 2010

Stuffed zucchini

Easy as 1 2 3. We had a yard sale on Saturday with some of our neighbors, I was exhausted and forgot to harvest the zucchini in my garden so they got huge. I decided to make stuffed zucchini with them.

1 Raw zucchini halves.

2 Then stuffed and topped with cheese.

3 Baked and ready to devour.

Here's what I did.

Stuffed zucchini

2 large zucchini halved and seeded (I chop one half of one zucchini for the filling)
1 1/2 lbs ground beef (or any ground meat)
1 medium onion chopped
1/2 orange pepper chopped
1/2 green pepper chopped
garlic to taste chopped (I used 6 cloves)
1/2 cup spaghetti sauce
1 teaspoon pappys 50% less salt seasoning
1/2 teaspoon herbamare seasoning
pepper to taste
2 cups grated cheese (I used mozzarella)
parmesan cheese to taste

Scrape seeds out of zucchini making a well for the stuffing, chopping one half of one zucchini for the filling. Brown ground beef with everything except spaghetti sauce and cheeses. When sauteed stir in some of the cheeses and spaghetti sauce. Fill zucchini and top with more cheese, bake on a foil lined cookie sheet at 375 for 45 to 60 minutes. If it browns to fast you can cover it with foil towards the end. You don't need giant zucchini you can make it with smaller ones just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment