Saturday, November 20, 2010

Stuffed jalapenos

I made these to have with our lunch. So easy and so good!
Stuffed jalapenos

12 or more large jalapenos
1 cup colby jack shredded
1 cup cheese curds cut up (I got mine from our local dairy, some kind of fresh cheese like farmer cheese or queso fresco will do)
3 tablespoons of softened butter
1 cut up jalapeno (I used seeds and all)
2 beaten eggs
1/2 cup hazelnut meal mixed with 1/2 cup grated parmesan

I cut the jalapeno peppers in half,  scraped out the seeds and veins, it's easy with a small spoon, set on a parchment lined sheet pan. Then I made the filling, mixing the shredded colby jack and cheese curds, 3 tablespoons of butter and one diced jalapeno and stuff it in the jalapeno halves pressing it in real good. Then carefully dip in beaten egg then in the mixture of hazelnut meal and parmesan laying it back on the parchment bake in a hot 450 oven for 15-20 minutes, I ran mine under the broiler for a couple extra minutes for them to be toasty brown.
I served them with carne asada, of course homemade salsa, and sour cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment