Monday, November 15, 2010

Pumpkin mousse ice cream

Oh my, I barely got a picture of this ice cream, it's so good! I reworked my vanilla ice cream recipe a bit, this is a completely original recipe. I put it on top of my last pumpkin to turn orange in my garden, I don't know why it's so late.
Pumpkin mousse ice cream

2 cups cream
1 cup pumpkin
3 pasteurized eggs separated directions here
2 tablespoons xylitol
2 tablespoons truvia
few drops stevia
few drops liquid sucralose (if needed)
1 teaspoon of molasses
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
couple shakes of mace
few drops butterscotch oil
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon extract
2 tablespoons chopped roasted pecans

Separate egg whites and yolks in separate bowls beat whites to almost stiff peaks, then beat yolks with sugar substitutes and molasses till light and tripled in volume add spices and extracts, then pumpkin and cream, add egg whites folding in carefully. Chill well, then freeze in an ice cream freezer according to directions, add pecans at the end. You will lick the bowl, no lie!

No comments:

Post a Comment