Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Sauteed chayote

I have been working with chayote trying to make an apple like filling for an "apple" pie. These sauteed apples turned out very nice. I'm still working on getting a whole pie together.
Sauteed chayote

2 young chayotes sliced thin (I left the skin on and seed in if they're mature you might have to skin and remove the seed)
2-3 tablespoons butter
1 cinnamon stick
2 tablespoons truvia
1 teaspoon molasses
1 tablespoon isomalt
2 tablespoons polydextrose
few drops butterscotch oil

I sauteed on medium low the chayotes and broken up cinnamon stick in the butter until very soft then added the rest of the ingredients for a few more minutes adding a few tablespoons of water if necessary. I picked out the cinnamon stick. If you want to make a whole pie It might take 5 or 6 chayotes. I haven't done that yet.
I was surprised how much it tastes like apple filling.

No comments:

Post a Comment