Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I had a craving for enchiladas...

Low carb style of course! These are better than traditional enchiladas.


I found this recipe at Linda's low carb recipes and menus here

I made a few changes, I used poached chicken for the ground beef as well as making my sauce from scratch and used half jarlsburg and extra sharp cheddar. I slipped a sheet of parchment paper in the pan for easy clean up.

Enchilada sauce

3 tablespoons chili powder I grind it fresh in a coffee grinder
1 tablespoons potato starch
1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
1 teaspoon cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
pinch of salt
3-4 sprigs fresh oregano
3 cups broth from poached chicken
1 8 oz can tomato sauce

In a sauce pan mix dry ingredients with a whisk then add a little cooled poaching liquid to make a paste gradually adding more liquid till it's all combined add the tomato sauce cook whisking on medium for 15 minutes, if it seems thick add a bit more liquid. You could add cream or sour cream to make a creamy sauce for the casserole too.

No comments:

Post a Comment