Saturday, June 26, 2010

Dutch baby

I got to thinking after making the blueberry clafouti the other night, that the batter might work for a dutch baby which is a fancy name for an oven pancake so I tried it, it was delicious! A dutch baby is traditionally served with sauteed apples. I would saute thin sliced chayote in butter adding a few sprinkles of a sf apple drink mix at the end for apple flavor, some cinnamon, and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. I had it with sf syrup today but I want to try it with the faux sauteed apples too.

Here it is with butter and sf syrup it got half turned over when I turned it out of the pan but I think it looks cute.


Low Carb Dutch baby

2 eggs
2 oz cream cheese softened
1/4 cup cream
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon of torani vanilla syrup
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt

Preheat oven to 400, then put a 10-12 inch oven proof skillet in to preheat, meanwhile mix softened cream cheese with eggs one at a time, slowly add the rest of the ingredients and beat smooth. Put a pat of butter in the pan to melt swirling around to cover the pan, pour in the batter bake for 20-25 minutes till puffed, slightly brown, and dry on the outside. Turn out on a plate serve with lots of butter, powdered erythritol, sf syrup or the faux sauteed apples.

No comments:

Post a Comment