Sunday, June 20, 2010

Back to back weekend camping trips, I'm tired!

The weather has been so nice we went to the river for the weekend.

We did more activities this trip so we didn't have elaborate meals.

Saturday morning I made over easy eggs, oopsie pancakes, sausage patties, cauliflower home fries, and don't forget the coffee over the campfire.

Yes, you can make oopsie pancakes camping! Here's the recipe I used from Jamie at Your Lighter Side... I did it all by hand it's pretty easy.

A precious oopsie pancake over the campfire.

I prepared cauliflower home fries over the campfire too. Barely a recipe, here's what I did.
Cauliflower home fries

half a head of cauliflower cut up
1/4 onion chopped
pinch of salt
some fat for frying I used light olive oil

Fry over medium high heat till nicely browned, add onion toward the end so it doesn't burn I browned up a whole jalapeno with it, if you leave it whole those who want some heat can take a piece it doesn't make the whole dish hot. This is enough for 3 servings but I'm warning you, everyone especially high carbers will love this dish so make plenty!

Here is my breakfast plate minus 4 pancakes that I ate while I was cooking.

We had a great time on the river.

Then headed back for a cold cut lunch. I wrapped up pastrami with muenster and dijon nestled it in lettuce leaves and added peperoncini, diced tomatoes, and dill pickle chips for the best lettuce wraps! Instead of chips I had radishes and celery sticks with blue cheese dressing a quite satisfying lunch.

Everyone was ready to go home on Sunday, one of our pups made sure he wasn't left behind while we were packing up. Can you see him in there?

No comments:

Post a Comment