Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Coconut flour fudge-like brownies

A thing of beauty!

My oldest daughters birthday is coming up next month and of course she wants flourless chocolate cake. I make her birthday cake with regular sugar so I wanted to make an alternate recipe without sugar. I made a test recipe of brownies today, these are perfect! I used this brownie recipe in a group of coconut flour recipes as a guide with a few changes.

Coconut flour fudge-like brownies


3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
3/4 cup butter
3/4 cup erythritol powdered in coffee grinder
few drops of liquid stevia
1 teaspoon molasses
1 teaspoon vanilla
6 beaten eggs
scant 1/2 cup sifted coconut flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt
3/4 cup nuts toasted and chopped walnuts or almonds (are my favorites)
handful of chopped 85% chocolate

Microwave unsweetened chocolate and butter in 20 second intervals stirring occasionally, until melted. Mix in erythritol, stevia, eggs, and vanilla. Sift and stir in remaining ingredients. Spread in 8 inch square pan with parchment paper. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes in a water bath. Be really careful not to overcook, check at 20 minutes if the top and edge is firm remove from oven. Cool in freezer for 1 hour then store in fridge. It's very fudgy at room temperature.

My youngest daughter wasted no time enjoying these brownies for a snack.

No one will ever know these are sugar free. My son who is the pickiest about sugar substitutes says they taste like regular brownies.

No comments:

Post a Comment