Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Garden fresh zucchini oven fries

Two styles plain and with parmesan. The plain are the same but no parmesan. Served with sf ketchup or mayo to dip them in.


I love oven fries I make them out of green beans, eggplant, cauliflower, occasionally butternut squash or parsnips whatever is low carb and tastes good. I have zucchini coming out of my garden now it's so fresh and delicious. This is how I make them into fries. I didn't put any measurements just use what you need.

Oven fries (zucchini)

zucchini cut in fry shapes
beaten eggs
parmesan cheese (a good one is best but any will do)
seasonings like salt, pepper, garlic powder, season salt anything

dip fries in egg and then parmesan with seasoning if using cheese, go easy on the salt with the parmesan, it's salty. Put on a parchment lined sheet pan in a single layer not touching bake in a hot 425 oven till browned a bit dry and softened. I serve with home made mayo, ketchup, or even a sweet hot mustard dip.

No comments:

Post a Comment