Saturday, January 8, 2011

Scotch eggs

I haven't made these before so I only made a few to see if I like them. Oh, they're so good.! Here they are before cooking.
Scotch eggs 

5 hard boiled eggs peeled (someone stole one because it was 6)
5 raw mild or hot italian sausages casings removed
1 raw egg
half a jalapeno diced
1-2 tablespoons of parmesan

Mix sausage, raw egg, jalapeno, and parmesan in a bowl, divide in equal amounts to cover the eggs, I allowed one sausage to cover each hard boiled egg. Cover completely each egg with meat mixture and lay on a non stick foil lined cookie sheet. like the above picture. Bake on 350 till browned and done about 20 minutes. Especially good with chinese hot mustard!
 I'm for sure taking these on my first picnic in the spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment